Do you need help sorting out your debts or require assistance from our Money Advice Team?
As levels of debt continue at a very high level in Stockton-on-Tees, Stockton & District Advice & Information Service (SDAIS) has continued its innovative work of trying to prevent debt, now and in the future, by giving people practical advice and support to improve their money management skills and confidence.
SDAIS has specialist debt advisers who can discuss the options available to you and help you to manage your debt problem.
SDAIS offers a Specialist Quality Advice Service for people with debt problems including:
- Specialist casework service to negotiate with creditors on your behalf
- Staff qualified to complete Debt Relief Orders (DRO)
- Help with complex legal problems, court forms, threat of repossession and bankruptcy
We also offer a Money Advice Service Which deals with:
- Information about opening bank and savings accounts
- Practical advice about budgeting and money management
- Maximising your income
- Income Tax
- Credit & Borrowing
- Savings & Investments
Illegal Money Lending
Would you know how to spot a loan shark? Here are some tell-tale signs:
- You didn’t get any paperwork
- You got a loan in cash or via a direct bank transfer
- They won’t give you details about the loan such as interest rate
- They might take some of your possessions as security
- Your loan might just keep going up and up, even if you’re paying something back
- In some cases, you might even be threatened with violence
For more information, visit our "Stop Loan Sharks" page here.
If you’re worried that you might have borrowed from a loan shark you can report them anonymously on 0300 555 2222
SDAIS holds the AQS Quality Standard for Casework in Debt.