SDAIS Service Delivery Survey 2023
We are doing a very short survey to get some views on our Service, please complete it and tell us what you think. The survey is anonymous.
The survey can be accessed below:
Ian Bartlett – SDAIS Manager
How To Access Our Services
We are available to provide free and confidential advice and support on any welfare problem, including:
- Welfare Benefits and Universal Credit
- Debt and money problems
- Housing, Employment, Family, Consumer, Health and Social Care
- Energy Advice
Face to Face Advice
Our office at Wellington Square is open Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
We offer face to face appointments at our office in Wellington Square and also Outreach appointments throughout the borough.
To make an appointment call in at Wellington Square or call 01642 633877
For telephone advice (all subjects) call 01642 633877 - this is a call back service. We will take details of your enquiry and arrange for an adviser to call you back.
Energy Advice Line 01642 626106
Local Advice Line (freephone) 0808 2787986
Universal Credit - Help to Claim 0800 144 8444
Telephone Advice (all subjects) 0344 2451 295
Consumer Advice 0333 250 8598
Agencies Referring Clients in to SDAIS
If you need to refer a client in to SDAIS please complete the attached referral form and email to the address on the form. SDAIS will then contact the client direct to progress your referral. The referral form can be found here.
Webchat and Online Advice
- for general advice (including benefits) e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
- for debt advice e-mail - email@example.com
- via SDAIS website: www.stockton-cab.co.uk
- via our SWAN website: www.stocktonadvice.org.uk
SDAIS Advice Line - 01642 633877
SDAIS Debt Advice Line - 01642 626124
We have a new online form service. For further information follow this LINK
Help with Energy Problems
For advice and support on any energy problem, see our information booklet.
SDAIS Fuel Vouchers – Eligibility:
We can sometimes support people who use a Pre-payment meter and who are in severe financial distress by applying on their behalf to the Fuel Bank Foundation for a fuel voucher to help them avoid disconnection but please note;
- These vouchers are not something that everyone is entitled to; they are only available to people who meet the Fuel Bank Foundation eligibility criteria , are in severe financial difficulty and at imminent risk of disconnection
- We can only submit applications after you have had an interview with a CAB Adviser which includes an assessment of your current financial position.
- You must be using a Pre-payment meter
If you are in urgent need of help with fuel costs you can also;
- Contact your energy supplier
- Get details of possible support from Stockton Borough Council at https://www.stockton.gov.uk/cost-of-living-hub
- If you are a Thirteen Tenant, contact Thirteen
- Household is disconnected or at risk of disconnection
- Low income household
- All households must have received energy advice from SDAIS
Evidence of the above will be required before a fuel voucher can be issued.
Provision of Vouchers:
To apply for a voucher households can;
- Call SDAIS on 01642 626106 or 01642 633877
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call in at our office in Wellington Square
Emergency Food Aid
Festive Opening Hours
We have lots of information on how to access food banks, community pantries and hot meals on our Emergency Food Page.
For the usual opening hours, please CLICK HERE
Please remember to check this directory regularly as details regarding opening times are subject to change.
We are a Hate Crime Report Centre
If you are a victim of hate crime because of your race, religion, disability, sexual or transgendered identity, report it here.