The work of Stockton and District Advice and Information Service would not be possible without volunteers. There are many ways to get involved.
You could train to be an adviser, an administrator or use your experience and volunteer to be a member of the trustee board or assist with fund raising, publicity or social policy work. Voluntary work for us provides experience and opens opportunities for further learning or employment. You get 100% support, full training and your expenses paid.
What you will get from volunteering
- Flexibility about when you work
- Out of pocket expenses
- Support in the form of supervision and staff meetings
- Accredited Adviser Training
- Personal Development
What does SDAIS expect from a Volunteer?
- Commitment (a minimum of 2 days a week)
- An understanding and an ability to cope with potentially difficult situations
- Ablility to work within the aims, principles, and policies of the service
- Ability to establish rapport with both clients and other members
- Good communication skills
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
To apply or get more information, please contact GShepherdson@stockton-cab.co.uk