Help can be given on a wide rage of housing problems including:
- Unsatisfactory housing conditions
- Landlord and tenant issues (including bonds)
- Threats of possession/repossession
- Neighbourhood problems
- Problems with rent or mortgage debts
Stockton & District Advice & Information Service (SDAIS) provides specialist level of Housing Advice through a Legal Aid contract for housing, which includes assistance with many complex issues such as:
- Court action to evict you from your rented home
- Eviction from your home
- You are homeless and require help from the council to be re-housed
- You are being harassed and need a court order to protect you
- Your landlord, or the council, is taking you to court to get an Anti-Social Behaviour Order (ASBO) or Anti Social Behaviour Injunction (ASBI) against you
In order to qualify for Legal Aid, and see one of our Specialist Housing Advisers, your income will need to be assessed to check if you are eligible.
Having a Home Project
We also run a dedicated service for people who are homeless, or are threatened with homelessness, and have current or previous drug and alcohol problems. The scheme aims to help people by providing welfare advice and financial capability training.To access the scheme please contact the Housing Options department on: 01642 528389
Specialist Home Owner Service (Mortgage Rescue Scheme)
Do you have mortgage arrears or can you no longer afford to remain in your mortgaged property?
If so book an appointment with our Specialist Home Owner adviser who will be able to discuss the options available to you and help you develop a strategy to deal with your housing situation.An appointment can be made by contacting 01642 528389.
SDAIS works in partnership with Stockton Borough Council’s Housing Options Service.