Consumer Issues

When you buy goods or services the law protects your consumer rights. You can get help if you’re treated unfairly or when things go wrong. This includes:

  • credit and store cards
  • faulty goods
  • counterfeit goods
  • poor service
  • problems with contracts
  • problems with builders
  • rogue traders

Citizens Advice can give you help and advice about your consumer rights and can contact shops or companies to negotiate on your behalf.

The Citizens Advice Consumer Service
For help with any Consumer problems you can also call the Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 08454 040506, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (charges may apply please see your operator for more details). Our clear, practical advice is free; the only cost to you is the call charge. Textphone users should dial 18001 then the full consumer helpline number.

Alternatively call in or make an appointment with Stockton & District Advice & Information Service (SDAIS) or check out our Advice Guide website which is a comprehensive resource containing information.

Find your local Service

Text Size: Default Large XL