Community Care

The Community Care Advice Service is funded primarily by a Legal Aid Agency contract to provide specialist legal advice and assistance in all aspects of people’s health and social care needs.

This includes getting support for people in the home by way of additional care support or through the provision of aids and adaptations to the property.

Community Care help!The Community Care service can also challenge the decisions that are made by social and health services about a persons needs and also any charges a person has been asked to pay for their care, including charges for residential care services.

Stockton & District Advice and Information Service (SDAIS) offers an Advice Service for people who are ill, have a disability, or are caring for someone. The service can help and offer support with a wide range of problems such as:

  • How to get the help and support you need
  • Charges for residential care, and care in your home
  • Aids and adaptations to your home
  • Support enabling you to maintain your independence at home
  • Health or social services complaints
  • Supporting you through your decisions about Health and Social Services
  • Any other problems with Health or Social Services

For more information or to make an appointment please call in to our office or telephone: 01642 633877

Find your local Service

Text Size: Default Large XL